Open PhD Position
- The possibility to work with one-of-the-kind instruments
- Change to participate and plan laboratory experiments in the AIDA cloud chamber and to participate to field work
- Change to work independently and realise your own scientific ideas
- A dynamic team consisting of different nationalities
What we expect
- Previous experience from working with instrumentation. Experience with instrument development will be advantageous.
- A Master degree in physics, meteorology, atmospheric sciences or a comparabel field. Experince with optics will be considered as an asset.
- Ability to work independently and solve problems
- Willingness to work in the laboratory and to participate to field campaigns
The position is a 3-year position for a doctoral student (75%, TV-L E13). Starting date is flexible but no later than by June 2022. To apply for this position, send your application package (cover letter, CV, contact details of two academic referees) per email to the contact below.
Contact: Dr. Emma Järvinen (emma.jaervinen∂kit.edu)
KIT actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion, and as an equal opportunity employer, KIT explicitly encourages applications from women as well as from others who will bring additional diversity. Applicants with disabilities will be preferentially considered if suitably qualified.